The new dealership in St. Albans will start with four employees. Moses hopes the number will eventually grow to 15.
"The Fiat 500 will morph into many other versions in the coming years," he said.
The Fiat 500 L, a four-door version, will be introduced next year and a four-wheel-drive version based on Chrysler's Jeep platform is scheduled in 2014. An all-electric model is expected within two years.
The dealership will add another Italian brand, Alfa Romeo, to its lineup in 2014.
Fiat owns the Fiat and Alpha Romeo brands as well as Maserati and Ferrari. Fiat acquired a majority stake in Chrysler in 2009 after the U.S. auto industry went through a crisis. Fiat currently owns 58.5 percent of Chrysler and is in the process of acquiring the remaining 41.5 percent stake from a United Auto Workers union health care trust.
Moses Ford Lincoln BMW moved its used car sales center this past summer, leaving 1.1 acres available for redevelopment. The portion of the used car sales building that housed the service department has been saved. A new structure is being added.
Ground was broken Nov. 1 for the 7,000-square-foot Fiat dealership sales and service center, known as a "Fiat Studio." Footers have already been poured and the steel for the structure is on site.
Jarrett Construction Services Inc. of Charleston is general contractor. Moses said about 100 construction workers have been on site. March 1 is the targeted completion date.
Contact writer George Hohmann at busin...@dailymail.com or 304-348-4836.