Business people, Friday, March 29
*Anne Ballard Ellison has been hired by Bowles Rice LLP as the law firm's new Human Resources Director. Ellison will work out of the firm's Charleston office and oversee staff hiring and personnel issues throughout the West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Kentucky and Virginia region.
Ellison recently served as an Assistant Attorney General in the state Attorney General's office. Before her work there, she was an associate with the Dinsmore & Shohl law firm in Charleston between 2005 and 2010.
* Matt Hayes has been hired by Marshall University as the school's new executive director of alumni relations. Hayes, 41, joined the university March 18, having previously worked for Wells Fargo Insurance.
A New Martinsville native and 1989 graduate of Magnolia High School, Hayes is a Marshall graduated from Marshall with a bachelor's degree in business management in 1994 and a master's degree in safety technology in 1997.
* Scott Crouch has been promoted to chief operating officer of Hurricane-based information technology firm Alpha Technologies. Crouch has been the firm's director of sales since March 2012 and has 20 years of sales and management experience in the IT, insurance and medical industries.
Alpha currently is expanding its services through the recent acquisition of a global data center formerly owned and operated by Union Carbide. In his new role, Crouch will spearhead a restructuring of all operations in every division of the company.
* Justin P. Hylbert has been promoted to banking officer at BB&T's Charleston office. Hylbert joined the company in 2012 and as been working as a mortgage loan originator in BB&T's Mortgage Lending department at 300 Summers St.
A Charleston native, Hylbert earned a bachelor's degree in business from Roanoke College.
* Craig Davis has been hired as interactive producer and head of the new HD video production division at the Bulldog Creative Services advertising agency.
Davis is an award-winning producer with numerous Addy Awards, an Associated Press award and an Emmy Award for his efforts. He most recently worked in Charleston as an art director and producer for West Virginia Media, the parent company the WOWK.
* Tom Cass has been named new executive vice president of sales and operations at Sleep Outfitters, Mattress Warehouse and Mattress King Stores.
Cass will be responsible for overseeing all facets of the company's sales operations, working closely with the vice presidents of regional operations, as well as those of merchandising and marketing. He will also oversee the development, implementation and execution of special events and team training.
Compiled by Jared Hunt