Business people for Friday, April 19
* The West Virginia Bar Foundation has named Howard Seufer Jr., Robert Dinsmore and Tracey Rohrbaugh 2013 Bar Foundation Fellows.
Seufer, Dinsmore and Rohrbaugh are partners in the Bowles Rice McDavid Graff & Love law firm.
Bar Foundation Fellows are those lawyers and judges "whose professional, public and private careers have demonstrated outstanding dedication to the welfare of their communities and honorable service to the legal profession."
Rohrbaugh, Dinsmore and Seufer will be honored as part of the 22-member class of 2013 Bar Foundation Fellows during the Foundation's annual dinner on April 25 at the Marriott Hotel in Charleston.
* Joshua L. Jarrell has been named new deputy secretary and general counsel at the West Virginia Department of Commerce.
A Ripley native, Jarrell graduated from the West Virginia University College of Law in 2009. Previously an attorney at the Bowles Rice law firm, he has also worked as finance director for Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, and legislative correspondent for Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va.
* Dana Gilliland has been named new director of the Mountaineer Montessori School.
Gilliland is an educator with nearly 20 years of experience as a teacher and program administrator in two of the nation's premier Montessori schools, and has also worked in international settings.
She will take over as director of the school on July 15.
* Cathy McMellon has been hired as human resources manager at the Diamond Electric Manufacturing Corp. ignition coil plant in Eleanor.
A former human resources manager at Huntington-based Rubberlite, Inc., McMellon will oversee the more than 300 employees working at Diamond's Putnam County plant.
A Huntington resident and Marshall University graduate, McMellon has been a certified HR professional since 2003.
* Kristen Sutherland has joined the Robert C. Byrd Institute for Advanced Flexible Manufacturing as assistant financial and grants officer.
Sutherland joins RCBI from Marshall University, where she was a financial and administrative associate in the university's biology department.
She earned a Regents Bachelor degree at Marshall in 2012.