* Steven R. Hall has joined the Bowles Rice LLP law firm as an associate practicing in the areas of energy, oil and natural gas law, and real estate.
A 2010 West Virginia University College of Law graduate, Hall will work out of the firm's Morgantown office.
* Jackson Kelly attorney Louis S. Southworth II has been inducted into Marshall University's Business Hall of Fame. Marshall recognized Southworth for his outstanding involvement and success in the business community.
A frequent lecturer at various tax seminars and meetings, Southworth focuses on business planning, leases, legislative services, mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate law at Jackson Kelly.
* Spilman Thomas & Battle PLLC attorney Neva G. Lusk has been named a West Virginia Bar Foundation Fellow.
Lusk has served on the West Virginia Bar Foundation board of directors and on the West Virginia State Bar board of governors. An experienced trial lawyer, Lusk focuses her practice on product liability, toxic torts and class action defense litigation.
* Spilman Thomas & Battle, PLLC attorney Charles L. Woody will serve as an adjunct professor teaching employment law at the Charleston School of Law in Charleston, S.C., during the school's May semester.
Woody works in the firm's Charleston, W.Va., and will continue his practice at Spilman - where he focuses on labor law, employment law, defense litigation and appellate litigation - while teaching at the South Carolina school.
* Daniel J. Figler has been named chief financial officer of Mountwest Community and Technical College in Huntington.
Figler joins Mountwest from the College of Central Florida, where he has worked as controller since 2000.
Compiled by Jared Hunt