* J. Thomas Jones, president and chief executive officer at West Virginia United Health System, has been named to the board of directors at City Holding Co., parent company of City National Bank.
Jones' nomination increases the number of directors on City's board from 12 to 13. His appointment must be approved by City shareholders at the company's 2014 annual meeting.
* Dr. Amelia Davis Courts has been appointed president and CEO of The Education Alliance, a private-sector initiative that works to improve public school student achievement.
Courts, who served for 13 years as executive director of the state Department of Education's Office of International Schools, succeeds Dr. Patricia S. Kusimo, who is leaving after serving as head of the alliance for the last five years.
* Emily Capece has joined the faculty of Charleston Montessori School as lead guide for the upper elementary program. Capece majored in music education and vocal performance at Otterbein University and received a master's degree in music education and choral conducting from Westminster Choir College of Rider University.
* Stephanie Fulford has been named lead guide for the primary program at Charleston Montessori School. Fulford graduated from Marshall University in bachelor's degree in elementary education with an endorsement in early education.
* Richard Merrill and Michael Arcuri have joined the board of directors for Drug and Alcohol Presentations Inc., a nonprofit substance abuse education company.
Merrill, the president and CEO of Tyler Mountain Water Company, will serve as the board's vice president. Arcuri, a water quality specialists with the state Department of Environmental Protection's Division of Water and Waste Management, will serve as secretary.
* Jason Duffield of Duff Graphics, LLC, has also joined Drug and Alcohol Presentations as webmaster. Duffield is a graduate of the Art Institute of Pittsburgh.
Compiled by Jared Hunt. Email announcements regarding new hires, promotions, or awards at your business to busin...@daily mail.com. Attach headshots in JPEG format.