Charleston, W.Va. -- The Clay Center's spring season includes a performance of "Around the World in 80 Days," concerts by country legend Kenny Rogers and "American Idol" winner Scott McCreery, a lively presentation by animal guru Jack Hanna and more.
The spring lineup was announced today.
Current Clay Center ticket holders have first opportunity to purchase tickets and have until Jan. 20 to renew and receive priority seating. Those wishing to become season ticket holders have until Feb. 16 to do so. Single tickets go on sale to the general public 10 a.m. Feb. 2.
Spring shows include:
* "Around the World in 80 Days," presented by the Walnut Street Theatre 7:30 p.m. Feb. 17. See Phileas Fogg and his trusted valet race against time in their adventurous travels.
* Scotty McCreery, 8 p.m. Feb. 23. Best remembered for his deep baritone, this "American Idol" winner recently was named Billboard magazine's No. 1 new country artist.
* Buddy Guy & Jonny<co> Lang, 7:30 p.m. Feb. 24. Chicago blues king Guy joins young musician Long for some electric blues.
* Kenny Rogers, 7:30 p.m. March 6. The Grammy Award winning legend is best know for timeless classics such as "The Gambler," and "Lady."
* Ben Williams & Sound Effect, 8 p.m. March 23. Electric and bass player Williams combines classical, R&B, hip-hop and jazz.
* The Capitol Steps, 7:30 p.m. April 7. The popular comedy troupe known for parodies and skits of a political nature returns to the Clay Center with new material.
* Jack Hanna's "Into the Wild Live," 8 p.m. April 19. Known as America's favorite zookeeper, Hanna will bring exotic live animals to the Clay Center stage and tell stories of his travels.
To purchase tickets, visit www.theclaycenter.org or call 304-561-3570.