Bayer Symphony Sunday, hosted by the West Virginia Symphony and the Symphony League, actually kicks off Friday with a fundraising party and continues with a fun run and dinner on Saturday before the full day of music and other events Sunday on the campus of the University of Charleston.
The schedule follows.
* 7 to 11 p.m. - Rockin' the Rooftop at the roof of the Columbia Pipeline Group Building (formerly Columbia Gas/NiSource). Tickets are $50 per person and the event includes music, heavy hors d'oeuvres, beer, wine and champagne cocktails. Call 304-561-3514 for reservations.
* 9 a.m. - Beethoven Fun Run. The popular fun run pits runners' best 5K times against Beethoven's legendary Symphony No. 5, which times at 30.55 minutes long. The race begins and ends at the University of Charleston. Cost is $25. To register, visit www.wvsymphony.org.
* 7 to 11 p.m. - The Soul of Memphis dinner. Cocktails are served on the lawn at the University of Charleston, with dinner in the Rotunda. Cost is $100 per person. To make reservations, call 304-561-3514.
* 3 p.m. - Event kick off
* 3 to 6 p.m. - Children and family activities
* 3 to 8 p.m. - Live music on the main stage and main tent, artisans' tent and Book Nook
* 3 to 10:30 p.m. - Food concessions; beer and wine concessions sold until 10 p.m.
* 8 p.m. - West Virginia Symphony concert, followed by fireworks