This weekend, HallowEast and FestivAll Fall are teaming up to promote
their events throughout the city. There are outdoor and indoor activities,
lots of music and art and plenty for the Halloween lovers out there.
* East End Murder Mystery:
6:30 p.m. at the Woman's Club of Charleston on Virginia Street. The No Pants Players will lead a murder mystery while guests enjoy food from East End eateries and tries to figure out the killer. Advance registration is recommended as this event usually is a sellout. Cost is $40 in advance, $45 at the door. Purchase at www.halloweast.com.
* The Haunted Barn: The haunted house at Lewis and Beauregard streets will be open from 7 p.m. to midnight. Visit www.thehauntedbarn.us for information.
* Fund for the Arts Grape Escape: This fundraiser for the local arts organization features several gallery stops where participants may enjoy wine paired with food provided by Joe's Fish Market, Cucina Luisa, Catering Unlimited and the Bridge Road Bistro. The event is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tickets are $50, available at www.fundfortheartswv.org.
* ArtMares Special Reception:
6 p.m. to 11 p.m. at Contemporary Galleries on Smith Street. Check out the spooky work of 42 artists who contributed to this year's exhibit. The reception is free. Proceeds from purchased artwork is divided between the artists and East End Main Street.
* FestivAll Fall Ball on the Levee: 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at Haddad Riverfront Park. A special fall Live on the Levee event features The Hybrid Soul Project and Stratus. Local restaurants and vendors will be selling food. Costumes are encouraged.
* Late Night Adults-Only Show: The No Pants Players and Ted Brightwell's Drage Divas will present a wild comedy show from 9 p.m. to midnight at the Clay Center's Walker Theater. Tickets are $15, available through the No Pants Players website, www.nopantsplayer.com, or the FestivAll website.
* Capitol Market Stage: