Family relieved house flattened by blast was unoccupied
D.J. and Shirley McMillion's Sissonville Drive home was leveled by a gas line explosion on Tuesday. No one was home at the time of the blast. Their niece, Susan Rawlings, drove to the area and snapped this photo with a cellphone.
Chuck Blake, 55, of Sissonville, sets up cots at Aldersgate United Methodist Church. Blake is a volunteer at the church, which serves as an emergency shelter and was prepared to accommodate 40 people.
Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin and state Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management director Jimmy Gianato brief reporters on the situation in Sissonville following Tuesday's powerful natural gas pipeline explosion.