CHARLESTON,W.Va. - Parallel Entertainment and Zoo Productions, the companies that produce "Buckwild," are paying for funeral costs for Shain Gandee, 21, who was found dead Monday morning of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Gandee was found with his uncle, David Gandee, 48, and friend Robert Myers, 27, in his 1984 Ford Bronco, which was stuck in deep mud.
The lower part of the passenger side door was submerged in mud, but the driver's side door was clear. The SUV's muffler was completely below the mud's surface. The deaths were ruled accidental, said Cpl. Brian Humphreys, a spokesman for the Kanawha County Sheriff's Department.
"We've gotten to know the family through this process," said Parallel Entertainment CEO J.P. Williams. "They don't have a lot of money. We felt bad and thought we'll take care of it."
Shain and his uncle were last seen at 3 a.m. Saturday at Larry's Bar in Sissonville. They told others they were going off-roading in the Bronco, which had oversized tires.
A friend found the Bronco Monday morning stuck in a mud pit next to a ridge-top trail, about a mile from Shain's home near Thaxton Hollow. Shain's body was found in the driver's seat.
Authorities used a bulldozer to pull the Bronco from the mud. The bodies were taken to the state Medical Examiner's Office.
Production on Season 2 of "Buckwild" had started, but Williams said they were not shooting at the time of the accident. Filming since has been halted.
Parallel Entertainment and Zoo Productions are not covering funeral costs for David Gandee and Robert Myers.
Cunningham Parker Johnson Funeral Home on Charleston's West Side is handling funeral arrangements for Shain Gandee.
Funeral Services begin at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Charleston Municipal Auditorium, 224 Virginia St. E. The Revs. Walter Means and Randy Campbell will officiate.
Long and Fisher Funeral Home in Sissonville is handling arrangements for Robert Myers.
Funeral arrangements for David Gandee have not been scheduled at this time.