Get Connected
  • facebook
  • twitter
Print

Fire leaves West Side family homeless

By From staff reports

A fire in the 900 block of Barton Street on Charleston's West Side has left a family homeless, a 911 dispatcher said.

The fire was reported about 10:15 p.m. Tuesday and multiple fire departments responded, the dispatcher said. People were trapped inside the house when the fire was reported. However, firefighters were able to get everyone safely out, he said. The Red Cross was on the scene and provided shelter for the residents, the dispatcher said.

He did not know the cause of the fire.


Print

User Comments