Get Connected
  • facebook
  • twitter
Print

Main Avenue in Nitro reopened after garage fire

By From staff reports

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Main Avenue in Nitro has reopened after a fire in a garage closed it for about two hours Wednesday.

The fire broke out in John's Garage at 308 Main Ave. about 9:53 a.m., a dispatcher at Kanawha County Metro 911 said. A car inside the garage caught fire and the flames spread to the building, the dispatcher said.

Authorities decided to close the street at about 10 a.m. to give firefighters room to operate.

Main Avenue reopened to traffic just before noon. No injuries were reported.

Firefighters from Nitro and St. Albans responded to the call.


Print

User Comments