Cabin Creek fire ruled arson
A fire at a residence in Miami on Cabin Creek has been ruled arson by the state Fire Marshal's Office, Kanawha County Fire Coordinator C.W. Sigman said.
The fire was reported at 11:32 Saturday during the snowstorm, he said. Firefighters from East Bank Volunteer Fire Department and Cabin Creek Volunteer Fire Department responded to the call to find the house "fully involved," he said.
Sigman said he has been told that someone put a can of gasoline on the porch but he could not confirm that with the state Fire Marshal today."
One person inside the house was transported to a burn center, he said. Sigman did not know the names of the residents and the responding volunteer fire departments could not be reached this morning.