The Charleston Convention and Visitors Bureau has announced the winners of a competition to name the best local attractions, events and businesses.
The bureau honored the local businesses, employees and beloved beverages during a reception held at the Civic Center on Monday night.
The contest where people voted on their favorite restaurant, lodging, specialty drink, food dish, attraction, retail outlet and event was held in conjunction with National Tourism Week.
The first round of voting ended on April 30.
The winners are:
* Pies & Pints Pizzeria, favorite restaurant
* Mountain Stage, favorite attraction
* FestivALL, favorite event
* Lola's sangria, favorite specialty drink
* Pies & Pints Pizzeria black bean pie, favorite food dish
* Embassy Suites, favorite lodging
* Taylor Books, favorite retail/boutique.
The Convention and Visitors Bureau also honored front-line tourism industry staff members who were nominated by their employers and colleagues.Winners include: The Marriott's Keith Redmon, as best hotel employee, the Marriott's Dana Mindrescu, best restaurant employee, and Bridge Road Bistro's Aaron Clark, best frontline ambassador.