Man fueling up a running generator starts house fire
Firefighters responded to a fire at 2262 Oakridge Drive in Charleston around 6 a.m. Friday, said Rob Sutler, assistant chief of the Charleston Fire Department.
The fire erupted in the back part of the house after a man was fueling up his generator while it was running on his back wooden porch.
"It went downhill from there," Sutler said.
Sutler said firefighters are currently wrapping up the scene and continuing to hit hotspots.
He said the structure is still standing but it's a total loss. No injuries or fatalities were reported.