ORLANDO, Fla. -- The second juror to speak publicly about George Zimmerman's trial told ABC News in an interview made public Thursday that she feels the neighborhood watch volunteer got away with murder for fatally shooting Trayvon Martin. But she said there wasn't enough evidence to convict him under Florida law.
Juror B29 told Robin Roberts that she favored convicting Zimmerman of second-degree murder when deliberations began by the six-member, all-women jury.
"I was the juror that was going to give them a hung jury," she said. "I fought to the end."
But by the second day of deliberating, she realized there wasn't enough proof to convict the 29-year-old Zimmerman of a crime.
"George Zimmerman got away with murder, but you can't get away from God," she said. "And at the end of the day, he's going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with."
Zimmerman was acquitted earlier this month of second-degree murder and manslaughter charges in the 2012 slaying of the unarmed 17-year-old. The Miami teenager was shot and killed during a confrontation with Zimmerman in Sanford. The case spawned heated national debates about racial profiling and the so-called Stand Your Ground self-defense laws in Florida and other states.
Zimmerman was seen publicly for the first time last week when he assisted a family after their SUV flipped over on a Florida highway.