The United States of America has what it takes to be the greatest nation in the world, with the exception of one thing: We lack a leader.
We have the most energy. We have a 200-year supply of coal. Even though we only represent 6 percent of the world's population, the other 94 percent will continue using our coal.
The United States has a 100-year supply of gas, according to Exxon-Mobil. We could pay our national debt by supplying the rest of the world with gas.
The United States produces more food than any other country. We even feed people who hate us.
In North Dakota, we have the world's largest known oilfield, with seven to eight billion barrels of oil. We can not only supply ourselves, but we can supply the rest of the world with crude oil.
The only thing we don't have is leadership.
Lawrence B. Lyon Jr.