* It has always seemed to me that playing Marshall the first game of the season was rather foolish when you are risking injury to players like Pat White, Geno Smith, Tavon Austin, etc. Losing one of the key players could play havoc with WVU's whole season, just to satisfy an in-state obsession of a few people.
* Republicans do not believe Medicare and Social Security are government handout programs. We work and pay into these programs, but we are disappointed that the federal government has for years borrowed money from Social Security and used it to pay for social welfare programs like food stamps.
* Look, if your Sabbath day is Sunday, don't work, don't shop, don't do anything. But different religions have their Sabbaths and holy days on different days of the week. Please don't presume that your religion takes precedence.
* Every day, the media needs to hound Manchin, Rahall and Tomblin and ask them if they will endorse Obama or Romney. This vacillating must stop. The late Sen. Byrd would have endorsed someone. I bet they will endorse Mr. Obama on Nov. 7 if he wins.
* When is President Obama going to help the middle class? I've been waiting almost four years now, and the only difference I can tell is that my expenses keep going up and my buying power keeps going down.
* Mitt "flip-flop" Romney said, "I wish that President Obama had succeeded." Does he think Americans are stupid? Romney wanted to be nominated to oppose President Obama in 2008. I guess that he has had to change his position so many times he really doesn't know if he is for President Obama or against him.
* Who sets the items that can be purchased with food stamps? I was just in line behind someone who had about $100 of energy drinks and another $100 of soda and candies all paid for with food stamps. I support the program but not for these type items.
* I find it interesting that the Overbrook Elementary parents are concerned about out-of-residency students coming to their school, but when it comes to George Washington High School, they have plenty of space, especially if you are an outstanding athlete.
* The CIA only stirs up troubles for the United States, and we don't even know how much their annual budget is or how they are spending it. Now that sounds like a deep, dark spiraling hole to hell.
* A woman was on the news talking about 9/11 and the effect it has had and hoped it didn't happen again. I can tell you if the U.S. doesn't stay on their side of the water and stay out of these other countries causing problems, it will happen again.
* I cannot tolerate some people's mouths and what they say.