* To the National Guard who tore down the drug-infested houses in Huntington: Please tell the people to sow greens in there like kale and mustard and collards for winter and in the spring sow victory gardens like they did after the depression.
* What most people need to learn in life is how to love people and use things instead of using people and loving things.
* Kudos to the Washington Street East project that bans certain businesses from the area. I wish adjoining cities would have the same plan.
* I am a retired senior, and I don't want to share my hard-earned benefits with the younger generation. They could find a job if they would get out and look. There are plenty of places with "Help Wanted" signs out.
* I don't know about anyone else out there, but I hope this political season is over soon. They have done so many negative ads that it is disgusting. I don't care who wins. They are all crooked. Some are just nicer than others. But the people always come last in the end.
* The only good thing about the Honey Boo Boo show is that it isn't filmed in West Virginia.
* To the caller who called in saying that the DNC was nothing but lies and a total bust: You must be talking about the RNC. After all, they talked out of both sides of their mouths with nothing but lies.
* We have to stand together as Americans. We don't have to agree with everything but at least respect your fellow citizens.
* Enough already about Romney's tax forms. Don't you think Obama has already seen them? What about his own records under lock and key?