* I am one of Mitt Romney's 47 percent. I'm retired and on Social Security. I worked for over 50 years and paid taxes every year and also into my Social Security. I am also not a freeloader and do not get government assistance. He can also see all of my tax returns if he would like.
* Now you've done it. The picture of "Bicycle Joe" had the caption as being from "Marlington." If you think Muslims in the Middle East are mad, just wait 'til the person responsible for slandering our town shows up for the road kill cook off. He's liable to be on the menu. There ain't no "g" in Marlinton.
* Coming from an 82-year-old man who did not use notes or a teleprompter, Clint Eastwood's speech at the convention was amazing and right on the mark. The harsh criticism he received from the liberal media proves that either they have not been paying attention or that they recognized the truth and it hurt.
* I am a concerned citizen trying to find out about the drug and prostitution problem here. I'm sick of it. I'm a new resident and am being bombarded by it. I need to have something done.
* A group of us like to run at Winfield High School, and the gate is always locked on the weekend. What is the problem here?
* This new requirement for an American citizen to have a photo ID to exercise his or her right to vote is obscene. Whoever thought this up must have an ulterior motive. It is un-American.
* In November we must vote out the "Obiden" administration. To everyone who thinks Obama can do no wrong: What everyone in Washington is trying to do is fashion America into an entitlement nation.
* Isn't it sort of odd that 90 percent of the violence in the world is related to religion?
* I thought the government didn't allow double dipping, but I see the people not only sell drugs, but are on welfare.
* The Clendenin people who live between Rite Aid and Buff Lick need to fight annexation because they are going to try it again.
* I'm on SSI and have Humana as a supplement, but still cannot afford a specialist or to go to an emergency room because of the high co-pay. Someone needs to check into these insurance companies and help people who are on a very limited income.
* A word to the wise about downtown housing: No one wants to live downtown unless they have a grocery store, liquor store, a dry cleaners and some of the amenities that you need in order to live.
* Hillary was so radically against Obama when she ran against him. Now that she is his Secretary of State, she loves everything about him. I say bye-bye to both.
* If Kate Smith were alive today, she would ask you to vote Romney in as president so that America would again be worthy of blessings.
* About the toilet paper bidding for the state: Would that mean that it would wipe the slate clean? They really need a lot of wiping up there.