* We already have trouble with our gardens with all the deer in West Virginia. What will we do if Tomblin brings in a bunch of elk?
* We need a new football coach at Riverside High School. He only wins one or two games a year.
* It is pitiful that big corporations are replacing their full-time employees with part-time employees so they don't have to pay them benefits. The old employees who were there for over 20 years no longer have benefits, and good luck on their prospects of getting a new job at their age.
* Tom Lange needs to get a clue. For his information, if a cap had not been put on the Kanawha County excess levy for schools, it wouldn't have passed. It failed once before.
* Teenagers should be allowed to get a driver's license only when they turn 18. Maybe a learner's permit at 17, but no younger. Teenagers are too irresponsible.
* The new Democratic Party is so pro-choice that pretty soon it will be legal to abort your 3-year-old if you get tired of them. Thank you, ultra-liberals.
* Americans are being attacked in the Middle East. Obama stays on his campaign tour cracking jokes. Romney attacks Obama for his lack of leadership. Liberal news media and their Kool-Aid drinking readers attack Romney for making those comments. Anybody else see something wrong with this?
* The Democrats seem to want to lead this country towards socialism. Perhaps we should heed the words of Winston Churchill, who said: "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery."
* I would like to know what Charleston is doing with the user fee. There are less police and firefighters on the street and the city is filthy - MacCorkle Avenue should be renamed Trash Lane, and the West Side is worse.
* In George W. Bush's first term, he failed to protect us on 9/11, involved us in two unfunded wars, and with the support of the Congress, passed the despicable Patriot Act and gave massive tax cuts to the rich, yet he was re-elected. I don't believe Obama could have done that much damage to our country if he really tried hard, and yet some say he doesn't deserve a second term.
* Why is it so important to the Democrats about Romney's tax returns? You'd think he was the only rich (self-made) person in Washington. John Kennedy wasn't poor when he ran.
* We can't stand another four years of the moron now in office. We've just been bombed again, and he'll do nothing, like always.
* I see Willard Mitt Romney's running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan, is beginning to run ads for his re-election to the House of Representatives from Wisconsin. A good move if he expects to have a job after the first Tuesday in November.
* Vote Republican. Keep us in eternal wars we can't win.