Your vents, Friday, Sept. 28, 2012
- If you live in the Charleston metro area and are traveling south, try using U.S.119, U.S. 23 and Interstate 26 to get into and out of the Carolinas. I recently logged an identical trip time compared to the usual trip down the turnpike, saved $12 in tolls, avoided the dreaded Wytheville interchange, and did not have to deal with the Ohio drivers who have yet to discover this route.
- As I read the comments about Obama in the paper, most of which use the terms "socialist" and "anti-coal", I realize that, yes, I am smarter than these people, and so proud to be a liberal.
- To the person talking about Romney putting people out of work: what do you think about Obama and all of the out-of-work coal miners in West Virginia?
- Why do you think Media Matters and the Obama administration dislike Fox News so much? It is because they talk about things about the administration that no one else will talk about.
- I am a Democrat who saw the movie "2016." It is a fear-mongering joke. Helping the indigent among us makes the president a communist traitor? It only made me admire Mr. Obama more.
- Why do Christians hate Muslims and Muslims hate Christians? They both worship the same God, they only differ in the path to Heaven and methods of worship.
- Under the Affordable Health Care Act, beginning in 2014 we will get health insurance through our state health exchange. This includes members of Congress. That fact alone makes me support the law.
- Think silent movies are dead? No way. A visit to your doctor's office proves this statement wrong because when you're there, you sit watching a TV with no sound. At least silent movies had sound. I wish someone would explain to me why this is done at doctor's offices.
- According to a 2009 Pew Research Study, 92 percent of Americans believe that hard work is the key to success. Willard Mitt Romney believes 47 percent of Americans believe that the government owes them a living. I can hear John Sununu saying Mitt Romney needs to learn how to think like an American.
- The NYPD recently arrested almost 200 nonviolent protesters on Wall Street, not to mention several journalists, grabbing them off the sidewalk for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. America is being turned into a police state, thanks to the fascists who run the country.
- I'll bet the same people who will criticize Romney about his remarks think that Obama's remark about clinging to your guns and religion is OK.
- They called Reagan the "Teflon president." Obama should be referred to as the "super-Teflon president." He could commit murder and the media would make excuses for him.