- Harry Reid, Democrat leader of the Senate, says Mitt Romney sullied the Mormon religion and is not the face of Mormonism. What about all the pro-choice legislation Dirty Harry has voted for in the Senate? If anyone has sullied the Mormon religion it is Mr. Reid. He owes Mr. Romney an apology.
- Wonder how many Republicans advising us to see the movie "2016" went to see "Fahrenheit 9/11" a few years ago?
- Ward 3 in Spring Hill needs to be cleaned up. Garbage cans are kept in front of homes 24/7. There is an ordinance against this practice and homeowners should be fined.
- Eighty thousand dollars a year for the public relations director at the Kanawha Valley Emergency Ambulance Authority? Life is good.
- In regards to the lobbyists who are hired to work in D.C.: I thought Rockefeller, Rahall, Capito and Manchin were our lobbyists. Why spend $160,000?
- Life goes on. There is never an end. What was dead, lives again. Life goes on.
- We need to get rid of the do-nothing Republicans in the House of Representatives, including our own Shelley Moore Capito.
- Medicare and Medicaid need more investigators. These children put their parents in nursing homes and leave them to get what they want from them. They leave them for someone else to pay for.
- Can't the city do something with the abandoned post office in the East End? It has weeds and is an eyesore.
- I'm amazed at Cecil Roberts, Manchin and Rahall not coming out against Obama because of the mines being shut down. I stand with American miners. Vote for the other guy.
- A wise man said this country would remain great until we start feeding from the government trough. It is now happening. Forward into the abyss.
- If children are eating three meals a day at school, why aren't we cutting back on the food stamp program?
- Coal miners should stick with Obama. We will be some of the first to get the green jobs.
- This is a disabled senior and there are no young people who do anything for me and I won't give up any benefits to them. Let them put their faith in God like I have and get a job.
- I went to Rite Aid and they billed PEIA, who paid 100 percent for the shingles shot.
- Buy a police car with the shifter on the steering column. A shifter on the floor doesn't give enough room in the front of the car.
- If Obama is re-elected, West Virginia will become a ghost state.
- Skeenies has the best Hot Dogs ever and I wish they were back in Charleston.
- God bless Mr. Clark for caring for animals. If we had more compassionate people like him the world would be a better place.
- Four years ago, we voted for hope and change. This time around, I hope we change.
Monday October 1, 2012
Your vents: Oct. 1, 2012