* Remember what Chuck Colson said back in the '60s and early '70s about voters. When you've got them by their intimate parts, their hearts and minds will follow. The powers behind that sentiment are still in charge of things.
* You people who like to complain about welfare and SSI recipients just need to vote for Romney. That way they will have to get jobs in order to survive.
* I can't fathom anyone biting off a pigeon's head for money. Thankful this moron will receive a fine. He should be jailed. Pigeons carry diseases.
* "Ethics agency gave green light to hiring of son." Why does West Virginia have an ethics commission? Have they ever denied any state employee any request?
* What is it with Frontier? They said all it would take to correct a problem was to throw a switch at their office, but they had to put in an order to do that so they left the people without phone service for six days. Throw the damn switch, Frontier.
* Mount Storm was once one of the most beautiful areas in our state and now it looks like hell. The windmills are turned off at night to preserve the bats, but turned on during the day and kill hundreds of migrating birds. We can thank the EPA for this.
* Why can't they have trick-or-treat on Halloween night? Why does it have to be moved to a different night just because a few people like to go to church on Wednesday? Why do Christians get preferential treatment?
* Seniors cry, "I paid for my Social Security and Medicare benefits." This is true up to a point. Over time, after retirement we will exhaust what we paid into both Social Security and Medicare. One major medical procedure could wipe out what you paid into Medicare for years.
* Being from West Virginia, we know about bumps in the road. The killing of the ambassador to Libya and three other Americans by Islamic jihadist fanatics storming U.S. embassies in the Middle East is a lot more than just a bump in the road. Our president's foreign policy is a failure.
* Romney transported a dog on the roof of his car and doesn't understand why airplane windows won't roll down. What's next - screened windows in a submarine?
* I was in the Sissonville Foodland the other night and a gentleman in line was short about $13 and he had a food stamp card. He was going to put a few items back but a couple in line behind him said they would pay for it. I thought that was wonderful. And the lady said that is what we are supposed to do, to help other people. I wish there were more people out there like that today.
* It is no wonder that Charleston has pension problems. Where else can you retire at 50 years old and draw a huge pension? The pensions are really good. They are much better than in the private sector.
* The Sissonville community should be greatly commended for taking a stand for God the way they have.
* Romney didn't surprise me any by putting the poor and underprivileged down. That is the way some Republicans actually feel, but Romney just accidentally put it out there for all the world to hear.
* If our president is re-elected, the captain of the ship will go down and take its passengers along with it.
* It is a refreshing change that Honey Boo-Boo and her family are from Georgia and not West Virginia.