* Lindsay Graham, Republican senator from South Carolina, is outraged that the Obama administration is, in his opinion, covering up the incidents surrounding the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya. Where was Sen. Graham when the Bush Cheney administration presented false data to the United Nations concerning Iraq's weapons of mass destruction? Pious hypocrisy from the Republican Party turned a budget surplus into a deficit by starting mindless wars.
* Congresswoman Capito has attempted to do great things for our nation, but the Harry Reid-led Senate will not take up any of the bills or even pass a budget. I know Congresswoman Capito helped fund expansion of the Union District sewer system.
* WVU students might need a class on the difference in celebrating a big win and rioting, destruction of property, arson and just plain old acting like a fool. Is that what they teach at WVU? I doubt it. It is nothing but a group of selfish children that want to act like the world owes them something. Guess what? They are wrong and need to be arrested and expelled from school.
* I am wondering how there can be retired substitute teachers working full time and receive their retirement. Isn't that double dipping?
* I don't know any Republican that is 100 percent against collective bargaining. As both a Republican and a public employee, I think collective bargaining is fine for the private sector employees. However, I am 100 percent against it for public employees. I think it is just plain wrong for any public employee, like teachers or the state workers in Wisconsin, to hold the taxpayers hostage. If they don't like their public employee wages, then they can feel free to go in to the private sector.
* Phyllis has been a wonderful assessor for Kanawha County, and Sallie Robinson has worked for her for years and is certainly qualified for that position. Her opponent has been self-employed and hasn't got a clue how to run an agency.
* The Winfield Fire Department needs to stop sending the soliciting mail to us to beg for more money. Putnam County has already increased the fire fee on us. What more do you need? We are struggling to get by, too.
* The city pays a "consultant" to study the need for "art" around the city. The state pays a "consultant" to study security at the Capitol. I'm getting tired of seeing my tax dollars being spent for consultants. As many people as we have on the payroll, you would think at least one of them would be smart enough to count security guards and statues.
* West Virginia has the worst record in the nation for companies being sued. How can we attract new businesses to move here with a reputation like that?
* We live less than five miles from George Washington High School, but my child may be sent to South Charleston. There's tons of kids from Elkview, Sissonville, Boone County and Belle at GW as we speak. Get those kids out before sending my kid out of district.
* Since Obama has no record of accomplishment to run on, his campaign strategy is simple: lie every day and accuse Romney of lying every day.
* What have Congressional Republicans done in the last four years? Whatever they could to prevent President Obama from helping American citizens prosper.