- CAMC hospitals are good hospitals. They need to have an agreement with Humana for the sake of the people.
- When Hugo Chavez and Castro's niece endorsed Obama, would you think the Democrats are out of the mainstream or perhaps too far left?
- Hoppy was just on 58 AM radio asking why they don't sell snowmobiles anymore. Hasn't he heard of global warming? One or two snowstorms a year doesn't justify buying a snowmobile.
- Obama, Luck, Holgorsen, DeForest and Bettencourt are change we could have done without.
- The school board could have saved half of their costs if they had just put the new elementary school on Cato Golf Course. It would have made a good schoolyard.
- Character is what you do when you think no one else is looking.
- Give the joy and develop the responsibility of loving and caring for a kitten or puppy from an animal shelter this year. It would make a wonderful Christmas present for someone you love.
- I live in Brookhaven in Nitro. Where is the Nitro street sweeper? We were promised it was coming out here.
- I don't think the Electoral College has served West Virginia well.
- West Virginia and Kentucky coal industries need to support coal-to-gasoline technology and diversify. Natural gas is going to put them out of business eventually as a heating and electric power source.
- Gas was $1.84 a gallon when Obama was elected president.
- The color of our skin was God's choice. The status of our heart is up to us. Remember this: Red, yellow, black or white, we are precious in God's sight.
- I think the federal government should earmark a certain amount of money for each state for weather emergencies and disasters because going through FEMA is too much red tape.
- I like Bill O'Reilly, but he is a wuss. He is afraid to speak out against the president by saying he has no party affiliation.
- The solution to the problem with the overcrowding in South Hills school is to transfer a couple of the good teachers to other schools and they can maybe influence the teachers at the other schools to get better. The board needs to fix this problem.
- I guess the Big 12 sounded like a good idea, didn't it?
- I agree with the person who wrote in and said God will hold you accountable for the times you have broken into people's houses. I hope you realize how bad what you do is and stop doing it.
- Regarding the toddler who fell into the zoo and was killed by the dogs: That was as much as the mother's fault as anyone. Go after the mother and teach them not to do that. They play dumb.
- CAMC is a bully when they can tell you if you don't get a flu shot you'll be fired. What are they going to do to us next?
- Why do I have to listen to Fox News to get any facts about the terrorist attack in Libya? Don't change the subject.
- Have the people calling for burying power lines and cutting back trees ever been outside their homes? Do they not realize how many lines crisscross our landscape? The tree cutting would look worse than any strip mine. The burying operation would take decades to accomplish, plus we'd be paying higher fees for the work.
Monday November 12, 2012
Your vents, Monday, Nov. 12, 2012