- Back in the summer, a recycling pickup service called and left papers in our paper boxes that they would pick things up for recycling. I've called several times, and they don't answer.
- Now, Nick Joe Rahall and Joe Manchin can come out and support Obama openly. They don't have anything to worry about now.
- Thank you, America. There is a God.
- To the caller extolling Obama: I would like to add to his accomplishments. They are the highest unemployment rate, largest debt in history, unexplainable forced health care, continual blaming of previous president, broken promises and allowing four Americans to die with no help, which is the most important.
- It is funny. The West Virginia Obama haters want the government out of your life, but you suddenly want all the money that FEMA will give you. You are a bunch of hypocrites.
- The health plans for Medicare are sponsored by the federal government so how can any hospital say they aren't accepting them? I think our senators should look into this.
- General Petraeus resigns. Why? Bill Clinton didn't, and he was commander in chief.
- Thursday, the day after the day after, I see where the "Vents" have changed to "Votes" in the Daily Mail. Been a rough year for a lot of us.
- Now that we have been taken over by freeloaders, we are crumbling. It is sorry to say, but you reap what you sow and when more people are too lazy to sow anymore, then there is nothing to reap. I think we are getting just what we asked for.
- To all those who are gloating and smiling over the outcome of the election: There is an old saying - those who laugh last laugh the best. Let's see who is laughing during the next four years and who is crying. Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.
- It appears to me that those who are socialist or are supporting socialism are those who are most subject to becoming victims of social Darwinism.
- As someone who has worked in a coal-fired power plant, let me explain to you the advantages of natural gas. Coal requires storage facilities; then crushers, conveyor systems, feeders, pulverizers, and a maintenance crew dedicated to those pieces of equipment. Then you have air pollution problems, and problems with the disposal of fly ash and bottom ash. With natural gas, you run a pipeline and open a valve. When the price of natural gas is comparable per thousand BTUs, then coal cannot compete.
- Assets, such as stocks, art or real estate, that are held for at least a year are currently taxed at a special 15 percent rate; Obama wants to raise that to 20 percent.
- If you bought a piece of property in 1968 for $10,000 and sold it today for $50,000 you would show a 500 percent increase and pay capital gain tax on $40,000. If you bought a loaf of bread in 1968, it would have cost you 22 cents. It is now $2.29 or more: a 100 percent increase. Your property actually declined in value in comparison to your income, yet you are taxed on the capital gain.
- Mr. Romney was decent, honest and had morals, but the people elected a president of just the opposite. We have to put up with this immoral president another four years and watch him take us under.
Wednesday November 14, 2012
Your vents, Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012