- Let's see, if I remember my history. It was Nero who reportedly "fiddled" during the fall of Rome. I guess we can listen as Obama "sings."
- Now that the so-called Republican Party is figuring out that there aren't enough John Birchers, Christian fundamentalists, racists and fruitcakes to win a national election, maybe they will return to being the real Republican Party, the one I used to support.
- Pitiful. For the past month, you couldn't get NBC to mention Benghazi, but tonight they did over five minutes on the general's affair - anything to pull attention from Obama's part in the cover-up.
- Now the GOP has to realize that their far-right policies will cause them to suffer more national defeats. Maybe, finally, the GOP will go back to being the party of fiscal responsibility and reasonable smaller government, and get away from the tea party wackos.
- Thanks to all of you liberals who voted for Obama. How am I going to hunt deer when the government takes my guns?
- The pendulum of American politics, which had been swinging to the right, is now swinging back to the left. Conservative is now becoming a dirty word, and liberal a more favored term.
- There are more nuts in the Democratic Party than in the Republican Party simply because there are more Democrats, period. Take your blinders off and look around you. They are not hard to find.
- To the person that said that CAMC is a bully for making its employees get the flu shot: Why don't you quit and go somewhere else to work? The hospital does not need that kind of employee.
- We work hard all our lives and save to have a little money in our retirement only to have banks not give any interest on the money. Now the government is going to tax dividends on the stocks we saved for. We should have spent everything and let the government take care of everything. To hell with it.
- Obama won the election. Is Ted Nugent dead or in jail?
- Before fussing about Republicans blocking Democrats in Congress, maybe you should do some research and see why they're blocking them. The Democrats want to continue spending money we don't have. The GOP wants to cut spending. Now which makes the most sense?
- Before the election the Kool-Aid drinkers praised Obama for his actions after Sandy. Two weeks after he's re-elected there are still thousands of people homeless and suffering and he's doing nothing.
- Can anyone tell me how I am going to deer hunt now that Obama has taken my guns?
- If Bill Stewart were here he would be laughing his head off about WVU
- It is so sad that the president of our great country was elected on whom he knows, not what he knows.
- Well, another wasted Saturday afternoon watching Olllie's follies. Being top dog in the so-so Big East would have been a lot better than the laughing stock of the Big 12. We need Marshall back on the schedule so we'll at least have one win per year.
- WesBanco closing the South Charleston branch was bad enough, but shutting down the ATM is completely inconvenient. How much effort would it take to at least leave the ATM operational? Now their customers have to ride to another branch or incur fees to get their money.
Friday November 16, 2012
Your vents, Friday, Nov. 16, 2012