* The recent actions regarding the firing of Marple reek of a lack of accountability. Can they do anything they want with no consequences? How can a group of Manchin appointees have that much power? The citizens of West Virginia deserve better.
* Mitt Romney lied again. He said 47 percent of Americans were on the public dole. The elections proved that there are 51 percent of Americans on the take.
* The state Legislature should save a lot of money in overhead, eliminate the state Department of Education, send funding directly to the 55 counties and let them solve their own problems. We have too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
* Jealousy and envy, pure and simple, are the reasons for Jorea Marple being dismissed.
* Nice comment about the Occupy Wall Street movement volunteering to help the Hurricane Sandy victims. Great job, guys, but the tea party is going to work and pay for your entitlement checks so that you guys can help out because you don't have jobs.
* I think Jorea Marple should get a lawyer and have them look into that situation. The next person who should go off the board should be Gayle Manchin.
* It sickened me this morning when looking at the big-wigs of our state, and the expense of the parties to be paid for by state taxes. This money could be put into food for the bellies of the little children going to bed hungry, heat for the elderly or their utilities or medicine.
* Marple is being paid with taxpayer money and we have the right to know why she was fired and when she will be replaced.
* To Texas Tech, Kansas State, TCU, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma University: I thank each of you. It just doesn't get any better than this.