* I want to compliment the Charleston Newspapers for their recent excellent wild food and nature photographs. The pictures are beautiful and the captions are accurate and informative.
* Which state politicians are responsible for forcing county assessors to raise property appraisals? I want to know who to vote for the next time.
* What good is it to vote for a name for the new West Side school? If they pick a name and a few people don't like it, they will change it anyway, so it is a useless endeavor.
* Here we go again. Another four years of high unemployment, no job growth and bigger government. I hope the Obama maniacs are happy.
* While the president's inauguration was on, I watched Andy Griffith.
* From what I've seen of the Jackson Street apartment that was condemned, the structure problem was the landlord's fault. However, the filth, scabies and bed bugs are the fault of the lazy tenants.
* I have something specific to say about Shelley Moore Capito. She signed the Grover Norquist pledge not to raise taxes on rich people, and she took money from the Koch brothers who are polluting all kinds of people.