Your vents, Wednesday, January 23
* I'll be more than happy to tell you why you should help pay for President Obama's vacation when you tell me why I should help pay for George W. Bush's illegal invasion and war in Iraq.
* George W. Bush said: "If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." That's the man who wanted to be a dictator.
* It appears that Notre Dame's Manti Te'o is not only an over-rated football player, he doesn't know if he has a girlfriend or if she is alive if she exists. Maybe he's hit the line too many times minus his helmet, if he has one.
* If your Social Security taxes increased $1,674 per year, your income must be about $83,000 per year. If it were a "fiscal cliff deal," you must earn $400,000 or more. I have a hard time feeling sorry for you.
* Joe Manchin, in effect while governor, issued an executive order limiting gun owners' lawful rights. Stated on the Manchin highway map: "It is illegal to transport an uncased firearm within a vehicle." Uncased firearms are allowed during most daylight hours according to hunting regulations. A real hunter should know that. The NRA or national media should ask our senator about this.
* In our war against obesity, I think our public servants who serve as role models need to step up to the plate and be leaders. There seems to be an epidemic of teachers who are grossly overweight in our public school system. The same goes for overweight policemen. We need a "greatest loser" civic program.
* It's stupid for politicians to say they support the Second Amendment, or any other amendment. Makes no difference whether they support it or not; it exists, as do the other amendments, whether one likes it or not.
* It is no easy task to achieve National Teacher Certification. You post a small paragraph citing the number (61) achieving it. Yet you post the names, addresses, and shoe sizes of all the lawyers admitted to practice law in the state of West Virginia.
* I just wanted to let you know I just joined the NRA. I'd thought about it for a long time and couldn't decide. Thanks for helping me make up my mind.
* The closeness of Boeing and the FAA doesn't compare to the incestuous relationship the FDA has with the pharmaceutical companies.
* I guess we can all feel safer now knowing criminals can no longer carry more ammunition than law-abiding citizens can carry. For an educated guy, Mr. Obama doesn't have an ounce of common sense.
* First it was "Friends of Coal," now "Gun Appreciation Day." Is there no end to the idiotic worship of inanimate objects, or are we going to be subjected to "Pocket Knife Week", or maybe "Toenail Clipper Month?" Stupid.
* So it's the liberals who spend and cause deficits, huh? I refer you to the George W. Bush presidency. When he took office, we had a $357 billion budget surplus and surpluses were projected for several years. At the end of the Bush presidency the deficit was $1.2 trillion. This bunch of dolts was responsible for the tax cuts for the rich and the unfunded, illegal and immoral Iraq War.
* The theater in Aurora Colorado was just reopened, six months after the deadly shooting. That is horrible - it should have been closed forever. They will remember this is where their friends and loved ones were brutally murdered.
* On a comment about what Jesus looked like; he was a common man when he lived upon this earth. Revelation 1:13-15 tells you what he will be looking like when he comes back.