* I'll be more than happy to tell you why you should help pay for President Obama's vacation when you tell me why I should help pay for George W. Bush's illegal invasion and war in Iraq.
* George W. Bush said: "If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." That's the man who wanted to be a dictator.
* It appears that Notre Dame's Manti Te'o is not only an over-rated football player, he doesn't know if he has a girlfriend or if she is alive if she exists. Maybe he's hit the line too many times minus his helmet, if he has one.
* If your Social Security taxes increased $1,674 per year, your income must be about $83,000 per year. If it were a "fiscal cliff deal," you must earn $400,000 or more. I have a hard time feeling sorry for you.
* Joe Manchin, in effect while governor, issued an executive order limiting gun owners' lawful rights. Stated on the Manchin highway map: "It is illegal to transport an uncased firearm within a vehicle." Uncased firearms are allowed during most daylight hours according to hunting regulations. A real hunter should know that. The NRA or national media should ask our senator about this.
* In our war against obesity, I think our public servants who serve as role models need to step up to the plate and be leaders. There seems to be an epidemic of teachers who are grossly overweight in our public school system. The same goes for overweight policemen. We need a "greatest loser" civic program.
* It's stupid for politicians to say they support the Second Amendment, or any other amendment. Makes no difference whether they support it or not; it exists, as do the other amendments, whether one likes it or not.
* It is no easy task to achieve National Teacher Certification. You post a small paragraph citing the number (61) achieving it. Yet you post the names, addresses, and shoe sizes of all the lawyers admitted to practice law in the state of West Virginia.