Your Vents, Jan. 31, 2013
- Please Mr. Molgaard, don't let anything further be done to Kanawha Boulevard. Leave the bike trail alone; it is all right the way it is. Don't do anything else to the Boulevard.
- I am a Republican, and Capito is good at going around the state, passing out awards to people, showing up at businesses for groundbreakings, and taking credit for things she didn't have anything to do with.
- To the person who says heroin use in Putnam
- County is due to having to pay high taxes: This is complete hogwash. You are just another person who believes you don't have to take responsibility for your actions.
- This is to the Bible thumper who is upset because women are going into combat with men: They've been doing this for a long time. I don't know where you have been, but women have been dying in wars for years. They are just now recognizing it.
- I've been listening to the Benghazi reports on C-Span. It became obvious really soon that if Obama had done what he was supposed to do and protected those people, he would not have been elected. He decided to campaign rather than to protect our consulate.
- God doesn't like evil people. Remember, when you have wronged somebody, it will come back to haunt you. I've seen it come back many times. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- To the person venting about the University of Charleston's nursing program: That program had a 100 percent pass rate on state nursing board examinations. That person seriously needs to check their facts.
- n Please feed the birds to help them survive in the winter. They have to have water also to survive.
- Did you know that in 2012 the House of Representatives passed 26 bills for the Senate to consider? But Harry Reid just let them pile up. It is not the Republicans' or the Senate's fault, but do-nothing Harry Reid.
- To the person who watched "Andy Griffith" instead of the president's inauguration: Not a lot of black people in the make-believe town of Mayberry, are there?
- The person who said the Second Amendment was to protect us from our own government is mistaken or a liar. The Second Amendment was written so the government would have a militia to call to arms, if needed, when we were attacked by a foreign country.
- Concerning Hoppy Kercheval's column about Obama not wanting to work with Republicans: He tried for four years and all they did was say "no way," as they wanted him to be a one-term president. Now that he is in the driver's seat, they want to work with him. Tough.
- Whatever happened to the days when the media reported the news and didn't try to create or put a spin on the news?
- Sen. Joe Manchin is just like a beechnut. No matter which way you turn him, there is another face.