* Kelly Clarkson and James Taylor sang their songs in the cold and made no excuses. Beyonce always wants free publicity.
* I was just reading the editorial page where public funds are paying for people campaigning for public office. If they run, that is their business. That isn't something I want to pay for. You people should get a grip and quit trying to find ways to spend every penny we send down there.
* I think the new West Side elementary school off Edgewood Drive should be named after Martin Luther King Jr. It should be named that for better education and quality for all students and equality for all students.
* I thought it was interesting where the veteran's memorial had debris all around it and someone said they hadn't been able to clean it up recently due to the bad weather. I think the state people could have done this. It depends on what you want to do.
* Where are all the rafters and river rats running now that the river is up?
* What is the president thinking by reducing the military in times like these? God help America.
* This is for the greatest receiver ever from Rand University: It don't mean a thing if you ain't got the ring.
* Where have you been to just now find out West Virginia is a red state? Thank God for our northern counties.