- I agree with the caller who didn't want to be called elderly in their 60s. I'm in my 60s, and I still do most everything a younger person does. I don't think I am elderly.
- I want to give Kanawha County detectives a big hand. They are finding bank robbers and people who break into homes.
- I agree about all of the dead inspection stickers on cars. Apparently, someone isn't doing their job.
- I read about the new attorney general giving an exorbitant salary to an attorney who has no license to practice law in West Virginia. I don't have a law license in West Virginia either, but if someone would point me in the right direction, I can pucker up for a salary like that.
- No, Obama doesn't have anything to do with the high price of your food, gas and utilities, but all of the stupid stuff he is doing as far as wasting money does affect everything. As a senior citizen, I just hope I have enough to eat, a roof over my head and enough to pay my utilities. As old as I am, that is all that I need, but there are younger people who would like to have a life.
- I have to drop Suddenlink because they raised their rates.
- I work with this man who accused me of not caring about the poor. This is not true, but I am aggravated. The poor have cell phones that I can't afford. They eat steak and get $400 per child. I eat hamburger. They really need to work.
- I think the new attorney general is doing a great job. He needs to clean house of all of the hacks put there by Mr. McGraw.
- How about our legislators in Washington? Stop worrying about everything like guns and going to the moon and get down to business and produce a budget. That is what they are paid to do. Solve this situation. Let's stop their paychecks and also for their staffs until they do it. That will give them the incentive they need.
- Gov. Tomblin has proposed a 7 percent cut in the state budget. The U.S. Congress is attempting to make spending cuts. Danny Jones' budget has increased and he is seeking a tax increase to build onto the Charleston Civic Center. Maybe we need a cut in the city's budget instead of increasing taxes and budget and fees, which is his mode of operation.
- Leave the counties to run their education systems, because that is what works.
- I hope the newly elected Boone County sheriff does more to clean up the drug problem than the past sheriff in the Ottawa, Hewett and Grandview areas. Get the little dealers, and they will tell on the big dealers. We will keep our eyes and ears open for the results.
- We are too overpopulated. It will come to war after a while. People will fight and kill each other.
- I'm glad they are working on the Charleston Civic Center, but they also need to work on the Municipal Auditorium. It is a beautiful, historic building. It seriously needs some work. Please fix the auditorium, especially the bathrooms.
- Judy Hale, president of the American Federation of Teachers, is very critical about the governor's handling of the education problem we have. The unions have to understand that our children need to be educated. The union needs to step aside.
- You can't make me be safe. I can jump off of a cliff or a bridge or eat too much or drink really big sugary drinks or do whatever I want. I'm an American. I can cost all of you more in health insurance than I ever paid into it.
Tuesday March 5, 2013
Your vents, Tuesday, March 5, 2013