* The truancy problem is a great example of what is wrong with schools. It isn't the teachers and administrators, it isn't funding, it is society in general. Parents won't even get up and make sure their children get to school in the morning.
* Please don't follow someone because they look or act "cool." Respect and think for yourself for long-lasting peace and satisfaction with your life.
* Since Obama doesn't know anything about coal mines, let us bring him here to West Virginia and find out exactly what our men have to do to bring coal out of a deep coal mine.
* Instead of a bike trail, why not renovate the Municipal Auditorium with that money? The building is on the historic register.
* On Sunday, Charleston already had trash cans at the curb. The trash man doesn't run until Wednesday. Can't the city do something about this?
* The reason "The Bible" series is so popular is because over 70 percent of Americans are Christians and believe in God and Jesus Christ, even though Obama said we aren't a Christian nation.
* Marquee Cinemas needs to re-stripe their parking lot. Apparently, the brain surgeons who go to movies there can't refrain from parking in the middle of the aisles since the lines have worn off. I'm surprised those people can even find the theater. Maybe they just need to go back to their hollers.
* To the person who couldn't understand President Obama's high approval rating: Most people understand that what he has accomplished has saved us from financial ruin. Besides, after George W. Bush, anyone would look good.