* To the person complaining about smoking at the Dunbar bingo hall: Smokers still pay taxes, go to war, and work every day. If you think that is wrong, maybe you should go to another bingo hall that doesn't allow smoking. We fought for the freedom to smoke.
* If Paul Ryan's budget is the best thing to come out of Washington, why is his own religion, the Catholic Church, calling it awful? It would hurt the working poor.
* Please tell the radio stations to quit playing the same old songs over and over. People like variety. There surely are more in the format that can be played.
* Charleston wants to force us to fix up property so it can be rented and occupied. But within a year they haven't done anything about tearing down existing trashy buildings.
* Gas is $3.61 in South Charleston. Across the bridge in Dunbar, gas is $3.75 per gallon.
* The safety of all people is more important than the asserted rights of the NRA.
* Really, $385,000 to study a mallard duck's body parts? There are many other ways the United States government wastes our money.
* Please move your parked vehicles off the road a little bit on Jane Street off Albert.
* I'm declaring that the 1977 Chevy Malibu is the state car. The 1984 Chevy S-10 V6 is the state truck.