* As to why Republicans call Democrats un-American, it is because Democrats want to change everything good in our country. They want to demonize and tax the rich; being for big government and taking away our individual responsibility. They have no respect for the constitution and the religion it was founded upon. We are to preserve our country for our children, not change it.
* In addition to pinto beans, fried potatoes and cornbread, add dandelion greens wilted in hot bacon grease, their blooms dipped in a batter and deep-fried and sassafras tea. Yum, yum.
* If the coal industry ever told the governor and the Legislature to kiss their rear, the "boom" you would hear would be their knees hitting the floor at the capitol.
* To the person complaining about high CAMC Medical care - $43,000: You had so-called minor surgery. No surgery is minor when you go under the knife. How many people were in that room while you were getting taken care of? How many people took care of you after? How many people made sure you got your medications? Seems to me you are complaining needlessly. What is your life worth?
* To the person who complained about the patrons licking their fingers at the food bar: You should have reported it to the manager. The same door that admitted you certainly would have also let you out.
* Caseworkers with the DHHR are supposed to investigate claims before handing out benefits, but few, if any, do. Do you honestly think if we reported welfare fraud to them they would take the time to look into it?
* Diehard Democrats just don't understand. No, the Republicans didn't read the Obamacare bill before the vote. That's why they didn't vote for it. The Democrats voted for it without reading it. After 4 1/4 years of studying it, both parties are seeing what's in it. It won't work anything like they said four years ago.
* If you can buy jewelry and tattoos, you can afford to pay some of your own bills.
* The bi-partisan budget deal does little to curb out-of-control government spending and will raise taxes for all of us. If you want to credit Obama for this deal, go right ahead. He deserves the credit. His lack of leadership is responsible for destroying a lot of our futures.
* According to Corey Palumbo, if he can get the Legislature to make the seatbelt law a primary offense, the U.S. Government will borrow $1.2 million from China and give it to West Virginia to enforce the law.
* I'm not positive about this, but President Obama does something I haven't seen other presidents do in public. I've observed Mr. Obama chewing gum in public, a lot. Could he be chewing Nicorette gum to curb the craving for a cigarette?
* Finally, a column by Don Surber concerning subjects he knows something about - old TV shows and cartoons.