* I find it exceedingly suspect that supposedly numbers of people threatened state senators if they didn't pass House Bill 2760 and none threatened them if they did. That doesn't pass the smell test.
* If the state were serious about education issues in West Virginia, they would get rid of the 55-county board of educations and set up regional ones. Millions of dollars would be saved, but the political hacks refuse to let loose of power. After all, it is about power, not the children.
* To the gun enthusiasts: Who are the people who want to take your guns away? I am a liberal and I don't know anyone who wants to take your guns away. I think maybe the gun manufacturers and the NRA have created this boogeyman to get you to buy more guns and pay your dues. Follow the money.
* West Virginia needs a change - a party that will bring back jobs to West Virginia, protect our freedoms and protect our Social Security/Medicare. It's time for a conservative Republican leader here and in the White House. Wake up, West Virginia.
* Every word in the Bible was written by men. You say they were divinely inspired. Who told you that? Your answer would be men. So, therefore, the Bible is based on hearsay. Believe it if you wish, your choice, but God, as always, remains mute.
* Keep Detroit out of the city of Charleston. Every car with Michigan plates that gets off the interstate and drives through the city of Charleston should be stopped and searched for drugs.
* The Oakridge Drive speed limit is 30 mph on this winding narrow road. Many residents who live on this road are driving well above the posted speed limit. I have witnessed people traveling at least 50 mph coming down from the top of the street to the turn at Woodbridge Drive, as well as many driving too fast driving through the S-curves and past the turn to Woodbridge Drive.
* When a black woman in Ohio was found, and admitted to voting six times, I don't think voter suppression is a problem. The same thing happened in Florida, except that person only voted twice.
* To the person bemoaning the fact that, in these troubled times, we have a community organizer in the White House. Think back to Sept. 11, 2001. We were attacked and we had a cowardly military deserter in the White House.
* Those worrying about the supposed socialism in this country need to look up the meaning of fascist, which is what this country is now. Of the two, I pick socialism as the lesser of two evils.
* Mayor Jones should concentrate on cleaning up the crime on the West Side, i.e. the recent shootout(s), and quit trying to limit the amount of weapons that decent, law-abiding citizens can purchase to defend themselves from these criminals. Ever wonder why citizens go out of the city to buy their firearms and how much tax the city is failing to collect?
* Where can I buy a DVD copy of "Obama 2016?" Do any stores in this area carry it?
* Maybe those threats came from people who are actually for gun control and they did it to make gun owners look bad. That would be a typical liberal move.
* I am one of those 73-year-old retirees from Patriot Coal who really appreciates the Democrats who stood up for the retirees. But I'm beginning to wonder where the Republicans are at a time like this.