- I moved from Cross Lanes to Hurricane to get away from traffic congestion. Now the congestion at Hurricane's interchange is worse than Cross Lanes. Politicians in Hurricane need to do something about this.
- WVU's athletic department is self-sufficient. This is to the person complaining about them spending taxpayer money for unnecessary athletic programs and buildings.
- Give it a little time, and the whole country will look like Detroit.
- Thank you, Sen. Unger, for feeding the hungry children who learn better when they are fed. They are our future.
- I can remember 50 years ago or better when I was in school. Our school lunches and cooks were wonderful. Also they had a closet with clean clothes if you fell and got your dress dirty. They also had a woodshed and a paddle with holes in it and you were spanked if you did something wrong.
- Is your church congregation down? Ask yourself why. Do we visit and invite others to our services? Does the pastor invite the unsaved to worship and find the Lord Jesus as their savior?
- The boy who did the stabbing in Texas said he had fantasized about it since he was 5 years old. Does this come from video games? His neighbors and people who knew him were absolutely shocked, but he admitted it.
- I just read where the governor signed the education bill. Since they don't teach cursive writing anymore, how are students today going to sign anything in the future?
- Obama's budget calls for $1.1 trillion in taxes and $1 trillion in spending. This budget will not be balanced in any way shape or form. Obama maniacs, what do you think of him now?
- You all need to stop printing the vents from some backwoods goof who blames everything bad on someone not being religious. Religion is fine. If you keep it to yourself, you can be religious all you want.
- Friends against chemical plants are winning the battle. Now friends against coal are hard at work. Soon we will be free from the fear of getting cancer from our air and water.
- If I don't like what is being served at school, I will use a brown bag. I don't ask anyone for a free lunch.
- Concerning Pam Stenzel's talk about abstinence at GW, it sounds like it only offended students who were sexually active. If it takes scare tactics to keep our youth from dreaded diseases and childbirth, so be it. It is a fact that our taxes support unwed mothers and their health care.
- Shelley Moore Capito protects West Virginia's gun rights while Manchin and Rockefeller cave to Obama. Both are liberals. Manchin keeps the liberal Schumer behind the curtain and is no friend to West Virginia.
- Manchin is against flea market sales of guns. We track car purchases, doctor's prescriptions and even borrowing library books. Please help the police do their job and support Joe Manchin and this very important public safety legislation. If you aren't a crook, you shouldn't mind the paperwork.
- If the students of GW are offended by such talk as abstinence until marriage, then they will really be offended by the cost of baby formula and diapers.
- How far should people who cherish their Second Amendment rights trust Obama when he talks about guns and God?
- People like Jane Fonda aren't worth getting your bowels in an uproar about. They are just helping America go down the toilet.
- Believe me, even with the free lunch program, the students will still be hungry due to the nasty food that is served. It takes a lot of muscles for the custodian to empty the trash cans due to all of the food that is thrown away. This is very, very sad.
- Giving a scowl in the Saturday Gazette-Mail to the GW officials was certainly uncalled for. They were only presenting a choice. You all should be ashamed.
- I think the legislators who voted for free school meals should pay for it out of their own pockets. This is just entitlement, and it is about time the parents of these children start paying their own way.
- If Sen. Manchin were courageous, he would have stood for the Constitution against those who want to infringe in the rights of U.S. citizens. He just went along with the Washington crowd, so call it what it is.
- Twice a month, I have to fork over $4 to Danny Jones as a user fee. Every day, I have to use Bigley Avenue between the 7-Eleven on Spring Street and Hardee's Restaurant. When will Danny ever take some of my money and repave this section? It is really torn up.
- If you truly believe felons, big-time drug dealers and mentally incompetent individuals should be able to walk into a gun show and buy assault rifles, then you should be on a list to not have enough common sense to own a gun and must target practice with a BB gun.
- Please put the pink slime back in the ground beef because it's not fit to eat without it.
- The government harps on child obesity. Well, you should work in a supermarket for 14 years and see how your "handouts" are being used.
- I feel like an Ohio driver when I drive U.S. 60 East from Charleston. I have to drive in the passing lane because the driving lane is extremely rough and beats you and your car up.
Monday April 22, 2013
Your vents, Monday, April 22, 2013