- Vote for people who support what we support. Look at what they cast votes for. If they aren't representing you, then don't vote for them anymore.
- I agree that Charleston is the trashiest city with litter all over the city. Homeowners are too lazy to carry their cans back from the curb. Why aren't trash ordinances enforced?
- To the person who said the seatbelt law was the final straw and they are moving to Texas: Do you need help packing? If you think no one is hurt but yourself if you don't wear a seatbelt, well, think about your family.
- A law restricting gun purchases will not stop criminals or drug dealers. Drug dealers don't care one way or another about gun laws. Do politicians have any logic at all?
- The Putnam County judge lost his job for chastising people and raising his voice at people, but that is exactly what Judge Judy does on television. They should fire her.
- There was a column recently and the writer criticized all local newscasters for giving local news. Does the airhead not know that is what we want to view? We want to know what is going on in our surrounding areas. If you want national news, watch the network evening news.
- This is to the parents of Shain Gandee: He was a beautiful soul with a heart of gold. I'm sorry for what you've gone through. He had fans who truly adored him, and he went doing what he loved. Thanks for sharing him with us.
- Is your church congregation down? Ask yourselves why. Do you go out and invite folks to church? Does the pastor invite the unsaved to worship and find the Lord Jesus Christ as their savior? It is food for thought.
- It is sad when a community becomes inundated with rental property. All the landlords care about is money, and the tenants are too lazy to pour water out of a boot.
- The blowback at GW after the abstinence assembly only reinforces the fact that traditional values and virtues are not only passing, but are disdained by many.
- Did you really think that an invisible fence would keep other animals out of your yard? Seriously?
- I'd like to make a comment concerning a man picking up pop cans in Kanawha City. I don't see anything wrong with him picking up pop cans. Maybe he needs money to pay for medicine. He probably doesn't make as much money as the people who live in Kanawha City. You surely need to get real up there.
- Patrick Lane and his kind are despicable cowards. It goes to show that you don't get good government at the point of a gun.
- I don't get this thing of putting the names of loved ones who have passed away on the back of your windshield. Is your dirty vehicle really a good memorial for them?
- Why would any law-abiding citizen be against background checks for gun purchases?
- When I went to church and got saved, it was because the preacher scared the hell out of me. Maybe that was the tactic the speaker at GW was trying to use to scare teens out of having sex.
- Sen. Joe Manchin is just now finding out that the NRA leaders are a bunch of liars. Where has Joe been for the past few years?
Wednesday April 24, 2013
Your vents, Wednesday, April 24, 2013