- Prisons are still overcrowded? Capital punishment would take care of that.
- WVU President James Clements should resign. WVU has shown a lack of leadership. How could he have allowed such "significant errors and sloppiness" to happen in a $110 million contract? What else is wrong with WVU that has not come to the light of day?
- Next, Manchin will be mugging for the national spotlight and trying to get background checks for pressure cookers.
- To the person who asked if the ugly toad in North Korea fires on America, will Obama blame George Bush or take another vacation on Air Force One: He will do both.
- I know an abusive bum who never wanted to work, and when his wife filed for divorce, he was able to receive welfare benefits. Our government has made it too easy to get a free handout.
- The people who keep complaining what actress Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam War are probably the same people who voted for George W. Bush for president. He was a trained fighter pilot who deserted his unit and didn't go to Vietnam. Fighter pilots were needed there, and that coward hid. Hey, George, where were you in 1972?
- The person who said the solution to declining church attendance was for the pastor and church people to visit and invite the unsaved is wrong. Adults know and understand what is in churches, and we'll go if we desire. What we don't need is for uninvited people to come to our houses concerning church attendance.
- It's a shame that a former West Virginia delegate would make fun of a person with a disability about their weight.
- The only thing that stops a bad guy with a bomb is a good guy with a bomb.
- I am not offended by Pam Stenzel. I am offended that a group of well-connected people, albeit well-meaning, can co-opt public education to push their own agenda.
- The Constitution's Second Amendment set up for a militia, civilians trained as soldiers - not part of the regular army, armed with muskets not an AR-15. NRA propaganda has led nutty, uneducated, easily fooled gun worshipers down the road like Kool-aid-drinking Jim Jones at Jonestown.
- Law-abiding citizens ordered from their homes, and ordered to stay indoors, and homes entered by the police without proper warrants? All of this in a city where the first freedom bells tolled many decades ago. Their basic civil liberties were being thrown on the ground and trampled.
- Do the people who keep bringing the Newtown parents into the gun debate realize some have gone on record saying more gun laws won't help? As usual, Obama and his liberal media only told half the story. And he went on a rant about how the other side wasn't being honest.
- Most religions say if you don't believe their way, you cannot go to heaven. If that is true, only one is correct, so, which one? If one believes the Bible, you would have to give the edge to the Jews, since they are supposedly God's chosen people.
- It doesn't offend me that the Republican Party wants a Christian theocracy - it disappoints me. This is a democracy (in reality a republic, but I digress), and the Constitution gives us the right to be Christian, Muslim, Hindu, or any other religion, or none at all. That is what most religious people don't understand.
- I can't believe Obama actually flies on Air Force One, takes vacation and even plays golf. What are we going to do? Oh my.
- If you can work out at the gym, ride a Harley, canoe down the river and do other physical activity, why are you receiving a disability check every month?
- The person who said the Bush administration didn't cover up things as the Obama administration does conveniently forgets Bush and Cheney covering up why they didn't heed the warnings of the terrorist attacks on 9/11, lying and cherry-picking the intelligence during their run-up to invading Iraq.
- It sure was reassuring to note that those two district attorneys from Texas were "packing" or else the "bad" guy might have killed them. Oops, I forgot, he did, didn't he? Please don't let the NRA and their redneck buddies find out.
- In a recent letter to the editor of the Daily Mail, Jack Smith of Tornado compared owning a gun to owning an automobile. We should treat the owners of both the same, register them, pay taxes on them, be insured, and have a photo license ID to operate them.
- The teacher and principal in Logan should both be fired and held legally and financially liable for using their small minds like big guns against an eighth grader.
- Sen. Manchin may never recover in West Virginia from his stance on gun control. He could recover a little if he came out to repeal "Obamacare."
- Bosses who show favoritism to one employee bring dissension to the whole group of employees. Be fair.
- If I thought the Army and Air National Guard would be subject to a terrorist attack, I would say go ahead and close Coonskin Drive to the public, build a bridge from Elk River Road for the public to go to Coonskin Park. However, I don't think terrorists even know the National Guard there even exists.
- Please be kinder. I was a new woman visiting a church, and as soon as I got inside, there were two women gossiping. I turned and walked right out of there.
- Obama is returning a little over $20,000 a year to the U.S. Treasury. Rand Paul's office sent the treasury a check for over $600,000.
- Sen. Manchin is not attacking our Second Amendment rights. I called a number on television and received two letters outlining what he and Sen. Toomey are trying to do. Manchin did not lose. Obama lost.
- It is a disgrace the current administration is trying to change the retirement benefits the military currently have. It should be illegal after you've already served your country to change them. Hell will freeze over before I'll ever vote for another Democrat.
- Apparently Holgerson realized his quarterback choices were weak after spring camp. Maybe Ollie will have to suit up next year.
Thursday April 25, 2013
Your vents, Thursday, April 25, 2013