- Thank you, Delegate Patrick Lane, for standing up for our gun rights without infringement.
- The truth can hurt, but it can set you free, as well.
- Why wasn't the new bridge at Big Chimney built above Mink Shoals to accommodate the W.Va. National Guard and Coonskin Park?
- I believe Sen. Joe Manchin should be declared as "laughable," not laudable. He doesn't make a lot of sense up there. He just wants ink and to be on television.
- My thoughts and prayers are with all of the victims and families of the Boston bombings. They went all out to catch the second suspect, but why wasn't the same thing done when Ambassador Stevens and the other men were killed at Benghazi? This also needs to be resolved.
- What is happening in Massachusetts is a good example of the fact that our government cannot keep us safe and should not restrict competent citizens from having firearms.
- Are the Democrats afraid to let West Virginians vote on the death penalty?
- The Kanawha County Library system hasn't cut one position; they haven't cut one salary, including Mr. Engelbert's.
- For a senior in South Charleston to go to the exercise room at the recreation center for six months would cost $96. That is too high for most of the seniors I know. South Charleston needs to lower the price for seniors so we can go in there and exercise.
- Republicans, please don't give in to the Democrats on gun control. They may throw a temper tantrum and whine, but don't give in to them.
- My heart goes out to the people in Boston, but since Manchin and Obama didn't get their way on gun control, what is next? Will they put a background check on pressure cookers?
- Forgive our trespasses and those who trespass against us. This is a 19-year old boy in Boston that everybody has already put into the electric chair. Let's not rush to judgment. We all made bad choices when we were 19. I prayed a rosary for him last night, and I will continue to pray for him.
- If hard work and success means more taxes and more government intrusion and not working means no taxes, subsidized housing, health care and free cellphones, then we might live in a country founded by geniuses and run by idiots.
- The community of Sissonville needs to have a park with green space, an area to walk, benches and maybe a gazebo like they have in Ripley. Can anyone think of an area where that could be accommodated?
- What would be wrong with a Christian theocracy is that the people who want it don't want to offer loving kindness and compassion like Jesus. They want power. They want power to make others do as they say and more importantly, they want the power to punish those they perceive as sinners.
- I've been a health-care worker for the past 30 years, and I've noticed that murderers have free health care. What is the difference in working for 30 years and killing people? I'm really upset about this.
- Thank God and all of the hard workers in Boston for the safe capture of the second alleged bomber. We are all Americans, and one big family. Let's unite.
Friday April 26, 2013
Your vents, Friday, April 26, 2013