* Who in their right mind would preach against mandatory background checks for potential gun buyers?
* Let no man despise thy youth, but be an example in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity.
* This is about the power company asking for a rate increase to cover the cost of tree trimming. If they would do their tree trimming maintenance on a regular schedule, there wouldn't be a need to do it with overtime-paid workers in emergency weather situations. They could even hire part-time, summer-season workers to trim trees at a less expensive hourly wage.
* Cursing athletes are a disgrace, and it should never happen.
* Law enforcement officials do things that are not respectable, so how can we teach children to respect them? What is it teaching them?
* The answer to why church congregations are down in number is because there hasn't been a pastor or a Christian at my door in 25 years to invite me to church.
* One good thing about the high price of gasoline is that it causes you to stay home and work on your house or yard and get things done. That is just great, isn't it? And they thought they had it over on
* What about the empty lot on 21st Street and 3rd Avenue in Nitro with the death trap of a big hole? There is dirt piled all over. They need danger and caution signs put up. And the grass near the post office needs to be cut also.
* President Obama is an absolute financial idiot. He wants to tell us how much savings we should have in our 401(k) and IRA. It isn't his money. It is our money, so let us decide how to use it. Get out of our lives.
* Putnam County has once again failed to preserve a green space. The park near Hurricane has more cars than people and even less of the last bits of nature.
* To the man at the Slack Street recycling place and Mr. Talkington: You can pick up my recycling if you are able to, but I can't pick it up. We also have raccoons who distribute our garbage everywhere.
* People can't get along because you have neighbors who break into your house during the daytime. Be aware of them. Trust no one. They also watch you while you sit in your living room or in the kitchen. You thought you could trust them.
* We serve a terrible God. He says, "Vengeance is mine." I believe He will do just that.