- I think there should be a stoppage of foreign students coming into the United States to go to college for at least five years. Also, they should do background checks looking for terrorism backgrounds on all of the illegal aliens who are already here because you never know.
- Jodi Arias is shameful. Her family and her victim's family both need your prayers.
- I second the motion to get smart about gun control. What is needed is common sense. Nobody wants to take our guns away. Mandatory background checks before purchases would definitely save lives. Period.
- Most young people can operate a computer or cellphone, but few can operate a lawn mower or use a paintbrush.
- If you want to know what is wrong with Democratic politicians, just talk to the people who voted for them.
- Islam and most true religions are very peaceful. If you get to know their people, they are wonderful. There are bad people in all religions. Don't judge them by a few bad people.
- I see Republicans are still trying to blame Hillary Clinton with the Benghazi attack. They were OK for George Bush lying about the invasion of Iraq and killing thousands of U.S. soldiers and Iraqi civilians. What a bunch of hypocrites.
- What is going on with the Weather Channel? The local weather always comes on before the eights, and it is only on for 60 seconds or less. You have to be a speed-reader to get it. We never see the precipitation or national radar, but we don't see it on our local channels either.
- It troubles me to read in the paper that when people die, they become angels. When people die, they may become saints, but not angels. Angels have been there since the beginning of creation, and if you check in the Bible in the book of Hebrews, you will find this is true.
- If Chelsea Clinton had been at Benghazi, would Hillary Clinton just a few months later have still been sitting in that chair screaming, "What does it matter?" I don't think so.
- Please bring back John Boy and Billy. The guys they got to replace them aren't funny at all.
- The old people who are driving sports cars and convertibles must be having a mid-life crisis. They look absolutely ridiculous in those cars.
- It appears that certain groups are using high school kids to defend promiscuous behavior. They have no idea what that behavior will cost them unless someone tells them about it.
- Tomblin said expanding Medicaid creates more care for more people. I disagree. It will only make more legal and illegal pill mills.
- Charleston's unfunded pension liabilities and the Civic Center are much more important than a one-mile stretch of the Boulevard that will destroy the Boulevard. Think, council members, think.
- Gov. Tomblin has usurped our legislative branch's authority when he initiated this massive and expensive expansion of Medicaid. A legal challenge is called for.
- A big thank-you goes to Velma and her boxer puppy named Pearl. This is from Marilyn and Gidget. She gave me a leash while visiting Help for Animals in Barboursville on Wednesday, May 1.
- Brady Paxton's expenses exceeded $8,000 this past legislative session. Others' expenses ranged from none to just over $3,000. This can be explained with one word: Democrat.
- Watch out for scams. A lady called us wanting to know if Medicare was cheating us.
- There was a story about expansion of Medicaid coverage. In the picture, the only one smiling was Rockefeller. That is a disgrace. There will be 91,000 more state residents into the program.
- The reason our Social Security is going bankrupt is because they should cut these illegal Democrats from getting a check every month. I'll be retiring in another 10 years.
- You elect some public servants, and if you have to appear before them, they treat you like you aren't even human. It makes you not even want to vote.
- When city inspectors inspect rental property, they should inspect the exterior as well as the interior.
- We are told not to judge Muslims by the actions of a few. Why not give gun owners the same courtesy?
- Regarding grandparents raising grandchildren: I'm a grandmother, and I am raising a grandchild with absolutely no government handouts. I've worked three jobs to raise him.
- Fox News is correct. We would not be allowed to kill dogs and cats in the manner that babies who survive abortions are treated. God help us.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture is proud of the fact that they are serving more than 46 million people with food stamps. The National Park Service has signs that say, "Don't feed the animals. They will become dependent on handouts and not learn to take care for themselves." Maybe they should send a copy of the policy over to the USDA program.
- One-cup coffee makers are a colossal waste.
- A gun in your hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone. I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by six.
- The area charity stores should all close for a single day and go out shopping. I went to all of them, and they don't know what the correct prices are in the Kanawha Valley.
- n Cat owners in Pinch's Hidden Valley had better start keeping their cats up. I'm tired of them fouling my garden and killing birds. I'm going to start trapping them and taking them to the pound starting today.
- n For the 76-year-old gentleman who has never sent a prayer up to anyone: Well, I'm sending up a prayer for you right now, buddy, because some day you are going to need it. God bless you and I hope you have a long life.
- n Did the Jets put Tim Tebow on waivers because of their choice of Geno Smith?
- n Obviously, you don't serve or understand God if you call God terrible because he said, "Vengeance is mine."
- n Come on, people. Keep believing that Capito can't lose the next Senate race. That's what we're counting on.
Thursday May 16, 2013
Your vents, Thursday, May 16, 2013