- Obviously, the person pushing the blame for not getting Bin Laden back to Ronald Reagan and George Bush Sr. doesn't know a thing about how and when things happened.
- I think the University of Charleston officials should look into their director of athletics because it looks like he is recruiting for the West Virginia penal system. How about getting some players with class?
- The Saturday Sabbath was not changed to Sunday according to God's laws or the Bible. The Catholic Church changed times and laws, including keeping Sunday as a day of rest.
- If people acted like animals, the world would be a better place. They act better than humans do.
- To the person who said our Founding Fathers didn't have AK-47s in mind when they passed the Constitution: Well, I don't think they had televisions, computers and radios in mind either when they spoke of freedom of the press. Arms means any kind of arms, and press means any kind of press.
- IRS abuse of power wouldn't be back-page news if a conservative administration were doing it - so much for objective reporting.
- How could anyone dare suggest President Obama isn't perfect? The idea that he has any flaws is absurd to the left-leaning media.
- This is a "shout out" to thank Mayor Yeager of Dunbar for the great job he did in his past administration. We will miss him.
- The IRS apologizes for targeting conservatives, and later the president says, "If there had been any wrongdoing . . ." Man, what a leader.
- If your contract is not renewed with the Kanawha County Board of Education, show up at the next board meeting with a lawyer and you will get your job back. It doesn't matter how awful you are.
- The government has ruptured taxpayers by giving welfare money out to people who do not deserve it.
- Obama said he knows nothing about the IRS singling out conservatives; he knows nothing about Benghazi or tapping reporter's telephones. This guy is either stupid or the dirtiest politician you've ever seen in your life and should be impeached. Nixon did less, and he was forced to resign.
- Am I the only person who doesn't want the post office to profit by delivering trash mail in my mailbox? If not, would others please speak up about the trash mail being delivered every day?
- The greatest thing a father can do for his daughter is to love her mother.
- I hope the parents of the super student in St. Albans win their case in the judicial system, which has no heart or common sense.
- Marmet needs police who know how to read court orders. They don't know the difference between one that has expired and one that hasn't.
- What is a myopic? Are they in season? Do I need a license to hunt one?
- If you are God's child, living with His spirit inside, and you trust Jesus, everything that happens, bad as well as good, will be for the betterment of His kingdom. Relax and go along for the ride.
- Both Jodi Arias and Ariel Castro deserve the death penalty. Taxpayers shouldn't have to take care of them for life.
- If President Obama keeps putting out this B.S. (Benghazi Spin), at some point he may have to reply to questions about the matter: Under the advice of counsel, I decline to answer on the grounds it may tend to incriminate me.
- Why do judges on "The Voice" seem helpful, coherent, and on target while the "American Idol" judges appear to ramble incoherently?
- To balance the budget, we should cut the salaries of our president and our "do-nothing Congress." Obama has veterans, senior citizens and airport controllers as his No. 1, 2 and 3 targets. He picks on the powerless and uses scare tactics to keep citizens in line. How much longer are we going to tolerate this situation? Are you ready to impeach?
- Did the Kanawha County Schools do anything to protect students from future administrative threats and the preaching of blatant religious sexual biases in the system? Or did they just sweep it under the rug?
- President Reagan just lost his title of "the Teflon President" to Obama.
- Looking up? Praying up? Why is all philosophical opposition to organized religion met with scorn and ignorance? Otherwise practical and intelligent people set aside all sensibilities to defend their beliefs using the faith word to explain away the enormous holes in their search for immortality. Do your good works on Earth now. There is no contest for hereafter.
- The person who said he wished he could vote for George W. Bush again makes intelligent people wish that birth control were retroactive.
- The Founding Fathers wrote the word "arms" to encompass all weapons. That is in black and white. They did not spell out any specifically. Your opinion of what they might have or not have meant is strictly your opinion and does not concern me at all. You do not have the right to violate my right to own my guns.
Wednesday May 22, 2013
Your vents, Wednesday, May 22, 2013