* The Internal Revenue Service is out of control. They have admitted targeting conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status. Groups that were singled out had in their applications the words "tea party," "patriot," and First and Second Amendment, for example. This goes back as far as 2011. Former U.S. Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner needs to be subpoenaed to testify.
* One thing is consistent about Big Bend Golf Course - it is always in bad shape.
* Just this week, I have seen articles on the need for construction workers and lifeguards. Then this morning, I saw "help wanted" signs on the doors of three local businesses. Interesting, huh?
* West Virginia ranked No. 1 as "depressed"? Sure. Just read this column and pick out the nasty words and comments. Do these people always wake up angry? Then watch Channel 8's parade of orange jumpsuits, fires, wrecks, fights and abused animals at 6 p.m. Either one would depress anyone.
* I have never thought of my government as being "jackbooted thugs," but now I do.
* I can't believe the Citizen's Action Group could find no one else besides McGraw and Marple to honor. Please. There are all kinds of people who work twice as hard as they have.
* I personally have no doubt the IRS operation regarding conservative groups had an effect on the last presidential election.
* Juan Williams is one of the rudest news analysts on Fox. He thinks he knows more than everyone on every panel. He should be fired.