* We have well-informed attorneys who call in to the Vent Line and explain the lack of prosecution of the two brothers in Cleveland. How dumb I am. I used to think you needed evidence to charge someone with a crime.
* Where have all our morals gone? About three months ago while a friend of mine was working at a department store in Clarksburg, a co-worker accessed my friend's personal information, including her Social Security number, and signed my friend up for a store credit card without my friend's permission.
* Wonder how the NRA and the right-wing nuts are going to try to pin the deadly Oklahoma tornado on President Obama? They'll sure try.
* Why don't people complain about how we are a fascist country, ruled by corporations and the rich, instead of crying about how President Obama is trying to make us a socialist country? I much prefer the government helping the average American, versus bowing down to corporations and the very rich.
* Thankfully, West Virginia schools don't have to worry about tornadoes. But our kids would be much safer if we could keep religious fanatics and poor administrators out of the school systems, too.
* I have taken home delivery of the newspaper for years, and I am a little upset that they now want me to pay for the online version that I have already paid for once. Give your paying home customers a break with a free online version.
* EDITOR'S NOTE: We do offer free online subscriptions to our home delivery customers. To register your free online account, call customer service at 304-348-4800. A representative will walk you through the process.
* The Founding Fathers wrote the word "arms" to encompass all individual and personal weapons. That is in black and white. They did not spell out any specifically. Your opinion of what they might have or not have meant is strictly your opinion and does not concern me at all.
* Concerning Benghazi, I don't see whether you describe it as a terrorist attack or just a riot, the results are the same. One might question why we didn't respond with the military quicker, why security was insufficient, and why Congress cut funding for embassy security - all valid points.
* I need my money to pay my expenses and I'm not taking on anyone else to support. So there will be no more donations from me. Enough is enough. I have my own problems making ends meet, so get off my back.
* When will the Public Service Commission do something about our only TV cable provider? Once again, my cable is out this weekend. I live in the city and every weekend - every weekend - some or all parts of Suddenlink do not work. We pay dearly for this service.
* It was a relief to see that common sense prevailed at the recent Kanawha County School Board meeting, even if by only a 3-to-2 vote. Why some people feel the need to impose their beliefs (especially religious ones) on others is a mystery.
* Hate, is hate, is hate. If you spend your time hating others, you are not a very nice person. So why do so many of our so-called political leaders spend their time complaining, criticizing, undermining and attacking others?
* Unbelievable. With all the scandals in the news, all some airhead can complain about is the age of people driving convertible cars. I hope that concerned citizen isn't registered to vote.