- As a child growing up, I was horrendously poor and the only solace I had was the wonderful food I ate at school. I knew I could count on them being there. The food they have now is disgusting. Please bring back food that children will actually eat because they are coming home starving.
- To all the global warming naysayers: You call in with wisecracks during a freak cold spell. I guess the Oklahoma twister was just a little breezy weather instead of being a trend of more catastrophic weather events. That is what is predicted with more global warming.
- President Obama is either lying or too incompetent to be president. I choose he is lying, though, because he once said he knows more about policy than his policymakers.
- My best friend just called me. She has been married for 10 years. She is gorgeous and beautiful, thin, with a wonderful personality. She doesn't nag and has three beautiful children. She told me her husband has been seeing someone else for the last 11 years. What has happened to the real men in West Virginia? Come on, guys; man up.
- Another reason why people are leaving churches is that older people cannot stand the loud sound systems. They need to turn them down.
- The roads need to be repaired around Nitro. I'm tired of my car getting torn up.
- I guess since I'm on Medicare, I cannot have any pain medicine if I'm in pain.
- If you need money, I'm sure one of the many lawyers who advertise on television will find someone for you to sue because they're looking for it.
- How many disasters will this nation have to go through before we bow to God to heal our land? We are a stiff-necked people.
- I don't think taxpayers should have to pay for state workers sitting at their desks and reading novels.
- Only a hopeless partisan or a fool would believe this administration's story about Benghazi.
- Saturday morning gas was $3.86 a gallon and Tuesday they dropped it down to $3.70. This was in Ripley. That is gas gouging. This Saturday it will be up to $4.20 a gallon for the weekend.
- If Ronald Raegan, who never balanced the budget, didn't know that Oliver North was selling military equipment to Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran, then why does Fox News think President Obama knows about Libya?
- Just like Sgt. Schultz on Hogan's Heroes, Obama always says, "I saw nothing" or "I know nothing." I wonder when he will become the president and know what is going on?
- Today, driving from Kanawha City into Charleston on East Washington Street was so rough my wife could not drink her cup of coffee. Thanks, Dollar Danny, for taking my dollars for more policemen and street paving. Then I saw in the paper that Charleston passed a sales tax. It's not that much further to Lowe's in South Ridge than it is to Lowe's in Kanawha City. I know where I'll be shopping.
- If you dislike the interstate going through Charleston, you must like the dead town of Huntington. If you knew Charleston before routing the interstate through it, there is no comparison. We have some beautiful buildings now - it transformed Summers Street.
- Knowing the definition of myopic and other words or reading tons of books is worthless if you don't have the common sense to put the knowledge to good use. Anybody with a grain of common sense can see if we don't get back to the Constitution and the Ten Commandments, our country will fail.
- By saying that Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush didn't "get" Osama bin Laden, I was just showing how absurd it is to blame Bill Clinton for not getting Osama. Face it, George W. Bush, the most inept fool to ever occupy the White House, not only failed to keep us safe, he also failed to get Osama.
- What a wonderful thing Coach Mazey and the WVU baseball team did for the Oklahoma tornado victims. It was a class act, and it reflects the coach's positive impact on his players. Perhaps other WVU coaches should take notice.
- Sen. Manchin and Gov. Tomblin have impressive titles. Do you think they got them by glaring at the camera? Let's give credit where credit is due and I am not a Democrat. From the reports I've read, they are doing a good job. Throw the bums out who are not. Take the hint.
- In the '70s, Justice Richard Neely wrote the "Primary Caretaker" law to level the playing field in child custody fights. Recent years, the local family court judges have strayed away from those guidelines. Many honest, hardworking fathers and their innocent children are having their lives ruined because those judges won't take the time to hear their side of the story.
- I don't know why conservatives blame the Democrats for Roe vs. Wade. There has been a Republican president, a Republican-controlled Congress, and a conservative-leaning Supreme Court, during the early 2000s. The reason they didn't strike down Roe vs. Wade is because it is a cash cow for Republicans. The right-wing nuts send in their money, and the GOP laughs all the way to the bank.
- I don't believe the IRS scrutiny of the Tea Party contributed in any way to the results of the last election. Even normal Republicans won't vote for that bunch. As a side note, no political organization should get tax breaks to spew their points of view.
Wednesday May 29, 2013
Your vents: Wednesday, May 29, 2013