- West Virginia doesn't have the money to maintain the roads we have now and they keep spending money on new roads. They are going to spend $125 million to widen the interstate between Nitro and Winfield. It isn't a lack of money - it is a lack of priorities.
- I guess I've always been too narrow-minded to try and find out the meaning of the word myopic.
- I think Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie must have the best PR people in the world to make them famous for nothing.
- I wish Flo would cancel all of the television commercials and pay her claims.
- If you don't think the federal government wants total control of our lives, think on these things and wake up. They are attacking the Second Amendment, the Benghazi cover-up, the fast and furious cover-up and the attack on the press. Last but not least is the attack on our health care by Obamacare. Think and pray.
- I told everybody the Highway Commission would want tax money within 10 years after they raised the truck weight limit to 80,000 pounds. Now the bridges and roads are torn up.
- If you report to the building commission that people are living in houses without water service they ignore you, or don't want to enforce the law. It is a shame that they pay these people.
- Studies have shown that wearing school uniforms produces a better learning environment and helps with social issues so why don't the Kanawha schools adopt a uniform policy? Taxpayers are appalled at indecent student attire. Parents should insist on decent attire in schools.
- There is a family with at least 11 kids and five of them have finished college so why can't the German family stay in the United States and home school their children? They deserve the same rights as other home-schooled families. Eric Holder is in enough trouble as it is and needs to leave this family alone.
- Charleston police will not solve Robert Snow's murder without someone helping them. He was the 7-Eleven manager whose murder is unsolved. That is how most Charleston cases are solved, with help.
- Once again someone needs to take the fall for Obama's mistakes. He needs to be impeached.
- I don't blame the Justice Department for investigating a reporter who had knowledge of North Korean nuclear capabilities. That it may protect American lives escapes the sensibilities of some Americans.
- You really have to hand it to the UMW for complaining about Patriot Coal's bankruptcy and trying to stay in business. The union's greed in the 1970s and '80s were the seeds that contributed to this and now they have to admit that they have failed their workers.
- Thank you to the stranger who paid for my cat's visit to the vet. We thank him very much.
- When you editorialize about the $380 million bond we ducked on the Lincoln County Airport, don't forget that Kanawha Sen. Brooks McCabe was a big champion for that to take our airport away. Isn't that wonderful?
- Winfield residents on Election Day, remember progress and re-elect the best.
- Now that Jodi Arias' life has been spared, when can we expect to see the Jodi Arias reality television show?
- The caller offering free OJ didn't specify where it could be had.
- Why doesn't the City of Dunbar make people on the upper part of Roxalana Road cut their grass? It is about three feet tall and has been since the weather got warm.
Thursday May 30, 2013
Your vents, Thursday, May 30, 2013